Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Who is your LEAST favorite companion?

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Mar 11, 2011
1. The chicken that swashbucklers get thats a witchdoctor (Nurse quinn i think?)

2. Mad bill larson from valencia (For swashbucklers only)

Petty Officer
Mar 09, 2013
Oh, Nurse Quinn and the crab hermit are definitely the worst. No companion quests, no special powers, they just die quickly, and are such a waste. The only good thing is that I kept them so low level they can be used for tasks.

Clever Sam Jones

Lieutenant
Feb 15, 2014
Ensign
Feb 23, 2013
Captain
Feb 11, 2010
treasurelover224 on May 1, 2014 wrote:
Were they critical hits what enemy level what enemy Miss Annie does not die with to hits maybe she needed more health or maybe the two hitters used burst fire or relentless or maybe you daydreamed and she is not a bad companion she is my firstmate also were they swashbucklers?
In Khotan. Battling samoorai. She died no matter what.

Black Wolf Bowman

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
Wicked Natalie on Dec 29, 2013 wrote:
Louis LeBisque is my all time least favorite.
Louis is a great companion! Not so much for looks, but his fighting skills are very useful! He has bombs and a trap. He also has very good everything.

Ensign
Jul 03, 2012
I HATE old scratch on all of my characters nurse Quinn and the crab hermit all at the bottom of my list I'm just glad I don't get them any more .

Petty Officer
Jul 26, 2011
Noble Arthur Fairl... on May 24, 2014 wrote:
Romba
Me too, me too. I got him at such a low level and only have used like 2 points on him, and I'm halfway through Aquila! Only like 2 epics and the choice is bad. On top of that, he has no dialogue so I can't hear his watamole voice!

Petty Officer
Oct 11, 2012
hmm well for my witchdoctor I would say my least favorite I the bison spirit, he does no damage though he has decent health. But he just does not do anything. For my swash I would also say nurse Quinn.

Ensign
Mar 21, 2014
My least favorite companion is the crab hermit and the drowned zombie ugh. I have never liked drowned zombies even when I first fought them. They are kinda creepy.

Fearless Zenobia Nightingale
Angela Dromond

Ensign
Mar 21, 2014
popsfootloose949 on Dec 16, 2012 wrote:
Mine is Mormo. He's the fourth highest-leveled on my team, but he usually dies first when ever he fights.
Ok then my Mormo may be targeted the most by enemies but still won't die. He has died less than my other companions except Bones Mcgee, he only died once. In fact Mormo is my most favorite companion but the only thing is he did not give me his first promotion quest. ((Maybe it is because I did not finish Kan Po's))

Ensign
Mar 21, 2014
cam1109 on Jan 2, 2013 wrote:
Really? Because mine has a bunch of health! and he does good damage! Happy pirating!
My Ratbeard has hold the line,repel borders and first strike and he still kills every enemies that come in contact with him like Lord Simon, my lvl 57 fandango, and Admiral Bear, my privateer's lvl 65 ostrich.

Ensign
Mar 21, 2014
CaptainJack74011 on Aug 23, 2013 wrote:
Mormo for me. He isn't too good.

Mason Brewster-lvl 56
Hey my Mormo is my level and he is the first one I train. He has always been my firstmate from the start. In fact he is my number one favorite companion. My second favorite is Shiruku Neko. And I know what her name means too. :D

Fearless Zenobia Nightingale

Ensign
Mar 21, 2014
Thunder Hawk on Sep 15, 2013 wrote:
Say WHAT?!?! Mormo isn't weak at all! Have you even seen what he can do after all his promotions?!

Ah, got to be nice. If you think Mormo isn't good you must have trained him badly. For my Witchdoctor, Mormo is one of my top companions, and is a huge power player. He's very useful in a jam, and he can be pretty dangerous in pvp.

As for my least favorite companion, I'd say.........Bones McGee and Sky Snake.
Lucky I really want my Mormo to a Watermole Obeah but mine has not been promoted yet and he is lvl 19 like me and is the first one I train.

The twin Nightingale witchdoctors

Ensign
Mar 21, 2014
I dislike the crab hermit and the drowned zombie

Ensign
Apr 05, 2014
SirAnsie on Dec 6, 2012 wrote:
Ugh, thats my watermole spearman, Nanu Nanu...
He dies so quick. I never use my healing spells on him.

- Stormy Anna Everret
maybe if you healed him he wouldn't die so fast.......

Ensign
Dec 09, 2012
I really hate Gracie Conrad. She does super low damage and has very little health.

Merciless Charles Orton-Level 65 Witchdoctor

Ensign
Aug 20, 2010
Privateer; The Monquisitor, he['s awesome (and loads of fun to write!) but he hasn't been trained very often. I'll be training him soon.
Swashbuckler; TRICKY VINNY!!! He sounds like you're asking him to go jump off the boat whenever you talk to him! He's last on my list just so that I don't have to listen to him!
Buccaneer; Barnabus. He doesn't do anything.
Witchdoctor; not sure.

Ensign
Nov 14, 2012
To be honest, I don't really know. If I had to choose, I would say Wing Chun. (the musketeer's first companion.)
Now don't get me wrong, he is a good early-game companion, but once you get companions like Ratbeard and Lucky Jack Russel, (found in the presidio if your parents got shipwrecked i think) He becomes pretty much worthless unless you make him do tasks.

Ensign
Nov 14, 2012
akutaba10 on Dec 8, 2012 wrote:
My least favorite is Gaspard De Vole.
One, the translation of his name is Gaspard Of Rat.
Two, he is weak and dies too much.
Three, he doesn't critical much.

My second least favorite is Louis Le Bisque
One, he doesn't hit for good damage, usually like 29 for me
Two, he spawns too much
Three, he makes a weird noise when he hits

~Talon Everhart, The Sniper~

-Too cool for you-

Yeah I agree with Louis Le Bisque. The last part of his name literally sounds like he was almost made into Lobster Bisque. Also, yes, the LOW DAMAGE. Bonnie Anne does more damage for me and they are on the same level. The noise doesn't bother me, but I still just don't like him. Gaspard De Vole? I actually don't hate him but I don't like him either. I'd rather use Ratbeard, or Peter Quint.

Ensign
Dec 21, 2010
FireDragonBond on Apr 19, 2014 wrote:
I'd say Old Scratch is my least favorite. This is literally him: "Oh yah, I'm gonna kill you with my magic wand! OH NO I FIZZLED!!!" I hate it everytime he gets in battle because he nonstops casts spells and ALWAYS fizzled. Even the undead pirate he summons is weak! I hope he gets a promotion soon or I get higher leveled because I'm not that far in the game.
Sincerely,
Perilous Olivia Hornigold
Now I'm a bit farther in the game. I don't know who my weakest is now but soon I'll get on that. I just promoted Old Scratch but haven't fought with him much yet, so I don't know what to think of him. I have Nurse Quinn but I don't use her anymore just because I got way more high level characters. I just got the Chicken Miner but I turned the game off before I did anything with him so I could watch a movie with family! (and eat popcorn, yum!) And even though I haven't used him in awhile and don't remember if he was strong or useless, at the bottom of my companion list in the game is Gaspard De Vole. But if you want to give me a different perspective on my crew feel free to give me ideas on what I should think about different crew members so I can organize my crew better. Btw I have Nausica The Centaur Princess, who is my first mate at the moment. She only has two different looking attacks but they are quite strong anyways. I would love it if any of you could help me with my perspective on my crew. (But Old Scratch still seems pretty weak to me. He looks awesome though! He lost his hand and spirit to Sister Snake to get the eye of the serpent. Why does she need those things!? Does she want to gnaw on his hand or something? And his spirit? WHAT THE HECK!? How is he speaking to me still and helping me out? Doesn't Old Scratch need his spirit in order for the magic to keep his skeleton alive and moving? Wouldn't his skeleton be motionless and silent until he gets it back? I don't know, maybe I'm over reacting, or whatever. I still like Sister Snake for some reason and Old Scratch because he looks cool! He still seems weak though). Thanks for helping me!
Sincerely,

Ensign
Dec 21, 2010
treasurelover224 on Apr 23, 2014 wrote:
Don't worry your not the only one I also hate Nausica she is like so dramatic when she gets hit plus she is to big and she shows to much skin like I'm ok with man centaur but not with lady centaur also she doesn't have any promo moves like attacking three time and make the same damage of the basic attack Nausica benched her and I'm not crazy. Also Zeena can kill her or El Toro KI should make like a man centaur named Nausico and give him the same promotions Nausica has.
People hating poor Nausica these days, saying she is over powered and that she looks bad. I honestly think she is fine. Besides, if she is on your side of the battlefield instead of the opposite one, she is a big help. I love her so much she is my firstmate she is strong she looks cool she has cool epics I'm a big fan of her. If I was aloud to Nar different people along with Yars, I'd Nar Nausica Haters. Man centaur wear even less clothing on them so don't think the idea Nausico will save you. It will make you feel worse. Maybe you and other Nausica haters just try to find ways to make her look bad. All characters have weakness you know. So please try not to get on my bad side by inflicting pain onto my favorite companion. I have different thoughts so don't start hating her. Maybe I'm over reacting too but still. I love Nausica and when I discovered some haters, It gets me so gosh dang mad!!!

Gunner's Mate
Jun 22, 2011
treasurelover224 on Apr 23, 2014 wrote:
Don't worry your not the only one I also hate Nausica she is like so dramatic when she gets hit plus she is to big and she shows to much skin like I'm ok with man centaur but not with lady centaur also she doesn't have any promo moves like attacking three time and make the same damage of the basic attack Nausica benched her and I'm not crazy. Also Zeena can kill her or El Toro KI should make like a man centaur named Nausico and give him the same promotions Nausica has.
Sexist much...?

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2013
Some companions are not so good in battle but if you give them the right epics and talents they will be indestructible, if you don't do those things they won't become too much of use in battle. I hate to see people hating on Bonnie and Louis, I have a musketeer and both of them I mostly use in pvp. Louis is awesome with his bombs, with most musketeer companions I give them max health, max agility, max accuracy and max damage. I have to agree though Nurse Quinn is like the worst companion ever made for now that is.
Brave Bradley Barclay Level 65.

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
I'd have to be Tricky Vinny, why because I don't gangster pirates plus he be not very strong.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan