Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Who is your LEAST favorite companion?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 09, 2016
I honestly can't think of a companion I don't like.

Nurse Quinn isn't an offensive class, she's a healer. If you ask me, people who dislike her are using her in the wrong way. It's like the Privateer; if you attack head-on, you'll lose, and you won't like the class. But if you use the play-style it's meant for, you'll have a blast.

If I had to choose, I'd probably say Nanu Nanu. While he's still incredibly strong, I find him to be boring, repetitive, and I never have used him more than once.

Ensign
Feb 27, 2013
Trustworthy NoahSt... on Jun 5, 2016 wrote:
Bring it on. I love Ratbeard. He criticals so much I laugh at and feel pity for my opponents. So, for the record I have a witchdoctor as well and Mormo has to be the worst companion when it comes to accuracy, and without that a companion is practically useless. So meet me at the Gallo Loco Cantina in Santo Pollo. We will battle to the death at my house.
I completely agree. My lower leveled friend has Ratbeard, and even I'm surprised at the number of crits. There's literally a critical every round. IT'S INSANE!

Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
GizmoTheAwesome on Jun 17, 2016 wrote:
I completely agree. My lower leveled friend has Ratbeard, and even I'm surprised at the number of crits. There's literally a critical every round. IT'S INSANE!
Actually now that it's been brought up I reckon at lower levels Ratbeard does it critical way too often, especially for being a defensive companion

Ensign
Jan 14, 2016
I don't know anyone who likes Nurse Quinn.

Ensign
Aug 24, 2013
CaptainAureus on Nov 17, 2012 wrote:
Who is the one companion who you really don't like? I don't really mean looks but just their fighting moves. For me it would have to be Nurse Quinn. Her damage is fair but her accuracy is only about 45 and her dodge is only about 40. Whenever I have her in battle she dies no matter what I do to keep her alive. So anyway,that's the one companion who I dislike most. What about you guys?

~Bloody Wolf Freeman~
cat beard because he has low damage

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
To be honest there some companions that is not that great,some are just plain annoying,here is four.

1.Grimtooth-Now this in my opinion is the worst companion, he was meant to be a wizard tank. However he fizzles alot, what happened to our 's class companion ? This just wrong that he have been ,become a laughing stock in my opinion. While the rest of the class companions are enjoying the spot light.

2.Nadaya- Not the best in my opinon,due to her low damage and low health.

3.Nurse Quinn-Okay can someone, help her out to be more of a support companion.Like a healing type.

4.Old Scratch- Nicknamed old fizzle,sure his stats have improved and his buff is great too. However he still fizzles alot, despite of his improvement. I did some reset to increase his accuracy, it did little.

Petty Officer
May 17, 2011
Nurse Quinn, The Valencian Crab, and the Weasel Gambler. They all suck so much, I don't bother using training points cause if any of them show up, I am already screwed and have indisputably lost. Also, have you noticed that they throw all the crappy companions at swashbucklers?

Petty Officer
Mar 23, 2011
The Privateer only Monkeydudewithbowlonhisheadwhatsitsface you get in Monquista. I have no words to say but two. UTTERLY USELESS.

Yarr! Have ye a wonderful time sailin' the spiral!
(yes I am aware this changes every time)
~ Nathaniel Lawson

Ensign
May 13, 2015
Rhemas on Nov 25, 2012 wrote:
Battacuda, hands down. Continually gets blocked and dies because its a melee companion. Useless against the Armada.
I agree but, luckily, I had gotten mine forfree in a side quest.

Ensign
Nov 19, 2015
Hmm, my least favorite companion. Probably have to be the crazy monkey crossbow dude or kitzini Singh (sorry if misspelled). They are just not the best companions.

See you in the skyways!

Clever Jack Kidd lvl 70
Daring Ariel Kidd lvl 15

Ensign
Jun 12, 2016
IDK, to be honest.

I don't particularly care for Mormo, BataCuda, Ghost singer, or that scorpion side companion from cool ranch's book 5. Old fizzle is ehhhhhhh and carcarius is OK.

Then again, all I use BataCuda and ghost singer for, normally, is getting a bunch of stuff for my pirate, like pet snacks.

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2010
Catbeard, I absolutely HATE when people bring him into a group battle for ANYTHING. He's just so bad, especially considering he has riposte even though he has low dodge

Ensign
Jan 18, 2014
Ensign
Nov 30, 2012
Angry Clyde Clanton, you know, the weasle guy no one higher then level 30 uses? I find him to be quite worthless, outclassed by most other musketeers, his stats are rather bad, but his epics are ok. I only put him in my house to make it look more like home, otherwise I would never use him
Short Cass Bristol lv. 67
Strong Alex lv. 27
Todd lv.5

Ensign
Nov 30, 2012
And I forgot each persons weasle gambler has a different name

Lieutenant
Sep 21, 2014
Universedude777 on Jul 27, 2016 wrote:
Angry Clyde Clanton, you know, the weasle guy no one higher then level 30 uses? I find him to be quite worthless, outclassed by most other musketeers, his stats are rather bad, but his epics are ok. I only put him in my house to make it look more like home, otherwise I would never use him
Short Cass Bristol lv. 67
Strong Alex lv. 27
Todd lv.5
hey I saw you ingame I'm unfair angel/valdus

Lieutenant
Oct 26, 2013
bat masterson. there are plenty of worse companions but this one is kinda hard to promote. he only gets one epic after that promotion. not worth your time. ki could have made him a witchdoctor which would have been really good since witchdoctors get him. he is the only one of the magnificent 7 that is horrid. also carcarious grimtooth and old scratch are really good witch doctor companions if added with el toro since there arent really 3 good witchdoctors.

Ensign
Nov 30, 2012
nefarious alex on Jul 28, 2016 wrote:
bat masterson. there are plenty of worse companions but this one is kinda hard to promote. he only gets one epic after that promotion. not worth your time. ki could have made him a witchdoctor which would have been really good since witchdoctors get him. he is the only one of the magnificent 7 that is horrid. also carcarious grimtooth and old scratch are really good witch doctor companions if added with el toro since there arent really 3 good witchdoctors.
Agreed, Masterson is terrible.

Short Cass Bristol Lv. 88

Strong Alex Lv.28

Petty Officer
Aug 06, 2015
Before, my least favorite was the monquisitor only privy get in side quest in monquista. Now, after beating the game, I realize it's the mustang rowdy only privy get in a side quest in Castillo Sapo dungeon in Cool Ranch. He is just horrible.

Ensign
Oct 29, 2012
My least favorite companion has to be Kobe Yombijo... Just Kidding

My Least favorite compainion is probally Crab Hermit and Wing Chun just because Wing Chuns attack power is all that great (Sorry Im Hating On Musketeers) :I

Lieutenant
Oct 26, 2013
so i have every class at level twenty except privateer and i have to say the crab hermit is ok. nurse quinn is horrible. as a subtopic i would like to know which storyline companion is your least favorite (including starting presidio magnificent seven)

Ensign
Mar 03, 2014
My absolute least favorite companion is also nurse quinn. I was excited to get her but it all ended when I used her in a battle.

Petty Officer
May 27, 2009
I would say ether Nurse whats her name name or the Ninja Cat lady. One time the Cat lady missed over 80% of the time in battle in the last fight in the tower of Moo Mancha.

Ensign
Jul 21, 2012
No Offense to ratbeard but i dont like the ratbeard companion.
He is a the only buccaneer in the game that i know that cant learn vengeance strike.
other than that he is a good guy but i still dislike the lack of vengeance strike.

Ensign
Dec 15, 2010
I'm not particularly fond of Nurse Quinn, that crab hermit, or the Monquistan archer.