Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Hybrid Hunters

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 17, 2013
Calamity PixieShad... on Jan 6, 2015 wrote:
Oh goody some one guessed it's name *hangs head* That is not a name *sighs* boys. I wouldn't have even tried to get that one past Bonnie. *grumble mutter mutter grumble*

Enough whining on to the important part:

This crab used to play lots of rock and roll, but now he plays....

Country? Rap? Blue Grass? The Fiddle?

Fiddler Crab? - What would make that? Anyone *listens for crickets*

Rock Lobster? - did he change species?
I immediately thought Rock Lobster myself.

Ensign
May 17, 2013
Have we had any confirmation on if there is a max number of hybrids any one pet can make?

ie: Ebon Spectre has been found to make (1) Grimtooth and (2) Spooktooth
Ice Scarab has been found to make (1) Frostbiter and (2) Ice Lizard

Just as an example. I can't think of one that has made more than two hybrids.

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
7Keena7 on Jan 8, 2015 wrote:
Have we had any confirmation on if there is a max number of hybrids any one pet can make?

ie: Ebon Spectre has been found to make (1) Grimtooth and (2) Spooktooth
Ice Scarab has been found to make (1) Frostbiter and (2) Ice Lizard

Just as an example. I can't think of one that has made more than two hybrids.
There is no "max" per se. It just depends on what Hep and I decide to do. There are currently some with 1, 2 and there is one out there with 3.
There even are now some "hybrids" that can create even more rare "hybrids"... ( Oh that should get the pot stirred up!)

Here I am trying to get some inspiration or courage to start taming a lion.

Petty Officer
Jun 12, 2011
Decius Duelmaster on Jan 8, 2015 wrote:
There is no "max" per se. It just depends on what Hep and I decide to do. There are currently some with 1, 2 and there is one out there with 3.
There even are now some "hybrids" that can create even more rare "hybrids"... ( Oh that should get the pot stirred up!)

Oh no you didn't! ! Stiring the pot, more like an explosion

Of course we saw this coming, here kitty kitty......

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013

HAHA! I don't know if I'm more amused by the way you and the lion are gazing into each others eyes OR the thought of an Eagle taming a lion OR the hilarity over the zebra being placed "just out of harms way" of those two natural born predators, poor things-- that's Crack-a-lackin'. Oh man this all just gets better and better......SAY WHAAAAAT??!! Rare hybrids, from hybrids-- you clearly spend too much time underwater and in caves!

Oh boy, back to the drawing board!

Community Leader

Possible Griffin pet? You have my attention. Although it's gonna take allot for me to give up my Heck kitty ;) Now if I could get a hint on Heck kitty Hybrids ??????

Heck kitty and birds = black griffin?

Owner of Paige's Page Perilous Paige. "Honorary Black Cat of the entire Pirate 101 Fleet"
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009

Kitty Lions & Tigers & Griffons, Oh My.
Love this Tee shirt too Decius. I already ordered the other one. Can you tell us where that one came from?

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2011

Why is "hybrids" in quotes?

is it because the blue tinted ostrich, tarantula, and the skull island macaw aren't really "hybrids"?

hmmm there is a leopard and a zebra also pictured? have these critters been tamed yet? *wonders*

~Clumsy Calamity

and that is a great shirt!

Ensign
Sep 04, 2011

I'm glad some people on here are asking the real questions and getting some answers. Ok according to this new information.

1.) There's no fixed amount of hybrids any one pet can make.

2.) We know for a fact that some pets do make two hybrid pets. And it has been confirmed that there's at least one pet out right now that can make three other hybrid pets.

3.) We now have confirmation that morphing with a hybrid pet can make an even rarer hybrid. This is very broad and creates even more possibilities.

Can we at least get confirmation on the possibility of two hybrids being able to create this rarer hybrid, or is it only possible with morphing a hybrid and a first generation pet?

Community Leader
"Hybrids" as in special morphs' "hybrids"? Like (blue) Ostrich or the plain Tarantula? I can imagine another spider hybrid for some reason, esp when Decius likes spiders so much :P

As for Skull Island Macaw, I am not sure if it could be possible for it to have a hybrid. It could be though. I mean everyone can have this pet quite easily and use it. But I am not sure if Decius has ruled it out or not because it came from a Beta Pet? Decius?

I was told by Calamity Pixieshade and Clever Brianna that there's actually TWO pets with 3 Hybrids already. Not just one.

Sabertooth Bunny produces Spooktooth, Habernero Shark, Tiger Shark.
Fire Toad produces Bullrog, Lavalanchula, Fire Lizard.

Decius, does this mean ALL pets (except game card pets) have a hybrid at least? And one more question, the new clue you have given us, is it a clue for yet ANOTHER hybrid combo or is it in addition to a hybrid combo clue already given? We're just so confused lol.

And you're trying to find inspiration to tame a lion? But someone told me a month or two that they saw a lion cub pet load in Monquista? Is it already in-game or not? I'm so confused.

Have a great Friday and also a great weekend!

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Lieutenant
Jul 11, 2009
We have at least 2 pets that make 3 hybrids

the Sabertoothed bunny / makes / Habanero Tiger shark / Tiger Shark / and the newly found Spooktooth

the Fire Toad / makes / Bullrog (TAZ RULES) / Fire Lizard / and Lavalanchula

and yes would really love to know if it is a hybrid + a normal pet or 2 of the hybrids that combine into yet a better one

Ensign
Feb 17, 2013
hey Decius, I've been trying to morph a saber tooth bunny with the black tiger in hopes of making a saber tooth tiger. Is that combo even possible yet?

Also, are the chances of a hybrid forming better if we morph with someone else as apposed to morphing by our self?

Ensign
Dec 18, 2009
As far as the clue is concerned I'm assuming the combination is the Coconut Crawlie (or maybe even the Scarab) and the Armadillo Verde. I based that off the Crawlie being related to the crab and being part of other clues that have been given out, and then the "rock and roll" reference being to that of the Armadillo (which just so happens to roll!) and possibly the actual hybrid (some sort of Super-Armored/Rock Crawlie). I unfortunately do not have access to either of those pets so hopefully others can try hatching those out.

And yes, I chose to read into the part of the clue he gave us rather than try to complete the clue. Either I'm pretty darn close or my laziness isn't quite paying off...

-DH

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
Perhaps Decius said "hybrids" because a true hybrid is a dead end, genetically (like a mule, banana or seedless grape). Most "hybrids" are really new pet species that can morph their own kind. The Grimtooth Reaper, Bullrog and Lavalanchula as well as (in my opinion) the Skarakeet, Black Market Spider, and quest rewarded Ostrich are true hybrids. So, I suggest that Decius is probably alluding to new pet species that can be morphed from previously discovered pet species, at least as one of the parents.
And Hooray! I just got my subscription back, so I can join in the discussion here again!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Row4n412 on Jan 13, 2015 wrote:
Perhaps Decius said "hybrids" because a true hybrid is a dead end, genetically (like a mule, banana or seedless grape). Most "hybrids" are really new pet species that can morph their own kind. The Grimtooth Reaper, Bullrog and Lavalanchula as well as (in my opinion) the Skarakeet, Black Market Spider, and quest rewarded Ostrich are true hybrids. So, I suggest that Decius is probably alluding to new pet species that can be morphed from previously discovered pet species, at least as one of the parents.
And Hooray! I just got my subscription back, so I can join in the discussion here again!
Welcome back Charles, good to see you posting on the boards again and CONGRATS on getting your subscription back. Very nice and interesting thoughts and speculations there....just wanted to say "Hello" and welcome back.

I think Decius could be birdie enough to try just about everything and anything under the tent! Guess we'll see what the future holds and enjoy the new discoveries that are in store for us. Should be quite FUN!

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
ts been almost a month and the only "new" hybrid I have seen mentioned is the Punk Fish!
Although that one was sneaky on my part, I figured our Super Pet Trainers would have found at least one more. You were so close with one of the hints, I saw the correct combo being mentioned a few times.

But lets ignore the skitters and crawls for a moment and change it up to skitters and crawls again.
But this time its a different combo with a much different and tasty result.

Think of something pink + something that pinches.

There are so many more hybrids to find my pirate friends. I have faith you can find them, although 1 of the most amazing looking ones will be hard, since it comes from a hybrid its self.

And BTW my little spider has gotten a bit bigger.
If we are lucky and Bonnie doesn't block the picture here it is.

[image removed by Bonnie Anne]

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
*longest of exasperated sighs*

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Bonnie Anne on Feb 11, 2015 wrote:
*longest of exasperated sighs*
Awww Come on Bonnie Anne, Cancha just let it post and just not look at it? Either that or let him bring the spider in for KI live. With that thought...........a picture isn't so bad now......Is it

Community Leader
"But lets ignore the skitters and crawls for a moment and change it up to skitters and crawls again.
But this time its a different combo with a much different and tasty result."

Ignore, then back to it? That line was confusing lol. But yay new hybrid hint!

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Kelsey Fireheart on Feb 11, 2015 wrote:
"But lets ignore the skitters and crawls for a moment and change it up to skitters and crawls again.
But this time its a different combo with a much different and tasty result."

Ignore, then back to it? That line was confusing lol. But yay new hybrid hint!
well lets say there are 2 combos that have skitters and crawls.
The new one I am talking about has a very pink crawler + a multi colored skitterer.
But its not the marshadillo I bet you were going to go for, that has its own special things.

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Feb 11, 2015 wrote:
Awww Come on Bonnie Anne, Cancha just let it post and just not look at it? Either that or let him bring the spider in for KI live. With that thought...........a picture isn't so bad now......Is it
Don't give him any ideas! lol

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Decius Duelmaster on Feb 11, 2015 wrote:
The new one I am talking about has a very pink crawler + a multi colored skitterer.
But its not the marshadillo I bet you were going to go for, that has its own special things.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh So MANY clues in one tiny paragraph

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2011
*mind blown*

Hybrid hint overload!

Okay so taking to social media some thoughts:

Tasty pet?!?? Skitters and pink crawls and not a marshadillow. My initial thoughts are cutie chameleon and a coconut crawlie = a coconut shrimp?!?!?

Pink marshadillow has a hybrid okay tucks that thought away

And as for the rest of all that loaded message I need more time to digest.

And we have a new pet so initial potential hybrid ideas:

Kelsey's thought: Rock Candy = rock crab x candy cane dragon

Rock Golem= rock crab x lil labor golem

Rock Lobster = Rock crab x violet bubble fish (?!?!)

Rocky Horror= Rock Crab x ClownFish

Rocky VI = rock crab x Sylvester Stallone ( I mean mini Minotaur)

Anyway I'll try to spend some more time in the tent this week see you guys around!

~Clumsy Calamity

Community Leader
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Feb 11, 2015 wrote:
That would be an interesting sight with Bonnie hanging from the ceiling screaming "SPIDER!!!" while One Eyed Jack and Decius is laughing. I'd def buy a seat in first row for this lol. I just need to prep my popcorn first.

Community Leader
Decius Duelmaster on Feb 11, 2015 wrote:
Multi-colored Skitterer. >.> *puts on thinking cap*